You can take home the fish you caught for free. During summer you will mostly catch mackerel, redfish and common whelk. During spring and autumn you will catch dab, whiting and flatfish and eventually cod. Those who prefer to just enjoy the healthy sea air are also welcome to join.
- 15/01 till 15/12: saturday/sunday/holiday: cruising days and free places can be found at BOOK NOW.
- Departure at 7 a.m., back at 5 p.m.
- Purchase of tickets in advance is required.
Embarking and departure
Embarking point: Hendrik Baelskaai 36 - 8400 Ostend (see route description)
There are plenty of free parking spots on the quay opposite of the ship. You are expected to arrive at the embarking point well on time. Embarking will close half an hour before departure. Please check the departure time on your tickets. Please keep in mind that you may be denied access to the ship if you are not present in time for embarking.
All passengers must be in good health and able to board independently. The boarding infrastructure and the typology of the vessel do not allow wheelchair patients or people who need assistance to embark.
Price of an e-ticket : €75 (excl material to buy/rent)
Price of booking at the desk: from € 85 (excl material to buy/rent)
Buy your e-tickets online at a more favourable price!
- By booking online, you do the booking yourself and enter the required identity information for each passenger. You can pay using a bank card or credit card. In case of incorrect or missing identity information at the moment of embarking, you will be denied access to the vessel.
- In case of unfavourable weather conditions, a boat trip can be cancelled. If possible, you will be informed by email at the latest the day before. Reimbursement is not possible, but your e-tickets remain valid for 12 months, so you can choose a later departure according to availability.
Other booking method
Do you prefer not to book online, or can you only make the trip on one specific day? In this case, you can buy your tickets directly at our office (email@example.com or 059 70 62 94). In case of cancellation of the boat trip, you can ask for a refund of your tickets.
You don’t have the necessary equipment? The necessary equipment kan ben rented and/or bought on the boat.
Individual prices :
- Rental of fishing rod with mill, wire and nail : € 8/day rental
- Various fish hook sets (mackerel plumes, underline for flatfish or cod...): € 3,00
- weight/sinker 250gr: € 3,00
- fresh sea bait : € 6,00
- rod (Mitchell 2.1m, carbon composite, 20-30lb): € 40,00
- mill (Mitchell Blue Water 9000 incl. wire) : € 40,00
- basic set (rod Shakespeare Salt Boat 2.1m + mill Mitchell Blue Water 9000 incl. wire): € 60,00
- pro set (rod Mitchel 2.1m + mill Mitchell 5000 + wire 0.45mm - 200m): € 75,00
Fishing at sea is very easy and a nice experience, especially during summer when a catch of 50 mackerel or more can be retrieved. The crew, with their many years of experience, can advise and assist the customers.
You can bring your own equipment. If you are missing something, you can always buy it from us on the spot. We have all the necessary equipment (rental of fishing lines or purchase of rod equipment) to fish at sea.
Yes of course. From mid-June to about mid-October, you usually catch mackerel, redfish and from mid-October to mid-June, you catch whiting, dab, pout and with some chance some cod. It is best to take your catch of fish home in a frigobox. In advance you can fill some plastic bottles for 9/10 with water and let them freeze at home. These bottles will keep your fish cool until you get home. We provide you with free fishing bowls on the boat.
It is best to wear warm and sporty clothing, such as old jeans, T-shirt, sweater, windbreaker and sports shoes or boots depending on the season. Don't forget sunscreen in spring and summer. The reflection of the sun on the water causes "red lobsters" on board every spring.
You need to take a lunch package with you. Drinks are available on board.
Drinks, snacks and material can be paid on board in cash or by bank/credit card.
On request we can provide lunch packages for groups.
In order to prevent seasickness, we advise you to limit alcohol consumption the night before the boat trip. We recommend you to not go on the sea on an empty stomach, so have a good breakfast. If you are sensitive to travel sickness, you can take a medicine agains travel sickness (R-Calm or other) half an hour before departure. This medicine is available at the pharmacist. Don't worry if you don't have the medicine with you, the captain can always provide you with it.
You can rent the boat for a group, a company or an association. This can be done on a daily basis and during the whole year, but depending on availability. The departure times and the duration of the trip can be adapted to your wishes. On request we provide simple lunches or complete meals and walking dinners on board, with or without service. For companies we have a nice team building format "The Fishing Cup" of half a day.
In case of bad weather conditions (too much wind or too high waves) the captain may decide to postpone the boat trip to a later date. If possible, you will be informed one day in advance by email. Your ticket remains valid for one of the following trips, depending on availability. Rain is no reason to cancel the trip. The captain has the right to change the route of the excursion at any time, for example in case of changing weather conditions during the trip or for other reasons (force majeure, ship wreck, ...).
Children from the age of 6 can participate in the excursion (max. 12 children per boat) under the supervision of an adult. Keep in mind that a day at sea can be difficult for young children. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed for safety reasons.