1. Definitions and interpretation
In this privacy protection policy, the following definitions are used:
- Data: all the information that you submit to Franlis shipping company nv under the brand name of Captain Blue through the website. This definition includes, where appropriate, the definitions as provided by the in the data protection regulation;
- Cookies: A small text file placed on your computer by this website which allows you to access some parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Details for the cookies used by this website are included in article below (Cookies);
- The data protection act: Any applicable law with regard to the processing of personal data, including, but not limited to, Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the General Data Protection Regulation, as well as the laws, regulations and documents of the national authorities.
- GDPR: The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
- Franlis shipping company nv or we: Franlis shipping company nv under the brand name of Captain Blue company registered in Belgium under number BE0467.061.037, whose registered office is located at the Albert l Promenade 1, 8400 Ostend Belgium;
- EU cookie legislation: The 2003 regulation on the protection of privacy and electronic communications (EC directive) as last amended by the 2011 regulation on the protection of privacy and electronic communications (EC directive) (amendment);
- User or you: A third party who has access to the website and is not (i) used by Franlis shipping company nv under the brand name of Captain Blue and acting within the scope of his employment, or (ii) as a consultant working or offering services to Franlis shipping company nv under the brand name of Captain Blue and access to the website as part of the provision of these services;
- Website: The website you are currently using, http://www.captainblue.be and all sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Scope of this privacy protection
- For the application of the applicable data protection laws, Franlis shipping company nv under the brand name of Captain Blue is responsible for the processing of the data. This means that Franlis shipping company nv under the brand name of Captain Blue determines the objectives and the way in which your data is processed.
3. Data collected
We may collect the following information, including personal data from you:
- full name;
- date of birth;
- contact information such as addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers;
- number of register
4. How do we collect the data?
We collect your data in the following way:
- data given to us by you;
- data collected automatically
5. Data given to us by you
Franlis shipping company nv under the brand name of Captain Blue collects your data in different ways, for example:
- When you contact us through the website, by phone, post, email, or in any other way;
- When you redeem, via this website or otherwise.
6. Data collected automatically
In so far as you visit the website, we automatically collect your data, for example:
- We collect information about your visit to the website. This information will help improve the content and navigation and includes your IP address, the date, time and frequency with which you access the site and how you use and interact with its content…
- We collect data automatically by means of cookies, according to the settings of your browser cookies. For more information about cookies and how we use them on the site, see the "Cookies" section below.
7. The use of the data
One or all of the data mentioned above may be required to provide you with the best service and experience possible when using our website. In particular, the data may be used for the following reasons:
- Record keep internal;
- Emails with marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- Contact on the products purchased and booking.
We use your data for the purposes above if we deem it necessary for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied, you have the right to object under certain circumstances (see "Your rights" section below).
- For mailing or direct marketing to you by email, we will obtain your consent express or implied:
- Implied consent is a specific type of consent that applies to you (for example, you contact us for more information about a product/special service, and we sell similar product/services).
- For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your express consent, i.e., you must take action when, for example, you select a check box we provide you with.
If you are not satisfied with our marketing approach, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For information on how to revoke your consent, see the section "Your Rights" below.
8. With whom do we share your data?
We may share your information with individuals for the following reason: authorities - to comply with Belgian offshore legislation.
9. Check the security of your data
We use technical and organizational measures to protect your data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a user name and a password that you chose.
- We store your data on secure servers.
These technical and organizational measures deal with suspected violations of the data. If you suspect misuse or loss or unauthorized access to your data, immediately notify us by contacting us at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org If you require information about fraud and identity theft, viruses and other problems detailed online, please visit https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/
10. Storage of your data
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will retain your data for the period of time necessary to fulfil the purpose described in this policy or to remove your request. Even if we delete your data, it may continue to exist on the backup or archive for lawful purposes, tax or regulatory.
11. Your rights
You have the following rights with regard to your data:
- Right of access: the right to request in due time (i) copies of the data we have, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete. If we give you access to your data, we will not charge you for this unless your application is "manifestly unfounded or excessive”. If we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you why.
- Right of rectification: right of rectification of your data if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Justly erase: the right to request that we remove or delete your data from our systems.
- Properly limit the use of your data: the right to "block" the use of your data or limit how we use it.
- Justifiably data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data.
- Right to oppose: the right to object to the use of your data, even if we use it in your legitimate interests.
To investigate, exercise the rights set out above or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data, please contact us at this email address: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the way in which your complaint regarding how we handle your data is treated, you are eligible to refer to the data protection authority. https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/ It is important that the information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. Please keep us informed if your information changes during the period for which we maintain it.
12. Link to other sites
13. Change of ownership or control of the company
Franlis shipping company nv under the brand name of Captain Blue may, from time to time, expand or reduce our activities and this may involve the sale and/or transfer of control of all or part of the Franlis shipping company nv under the brand name of Captain Blue. The data provided by users, if they are relevant to any part of our business thus transferred to the new owner or manager, may be used for the purpose for which they were received originally in accordance with this policy.
- We may also disclose to a potential buyer of our business or part of IT.
- In the above cases, we will take measures to protect your privacy
This site may place the following cookies:
Cookies Analytics/performance: Allow them to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors to our site behave when they use it. This allows us to improve the operation of our site, for example, ensuring that users can easily find what they are looking for.
- You will find a list of cookies that we use in the list of cookies.
- You can enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies, but this can be changed. Please refer to the Help menu on your Internet browser for more details.
- You can choose to delete cookies at any time, but then you will lose all data so that you can access the site faster and more efficiently, including but without limitation, customizers.
It is recommended to ensure that your Internet browser is up to date and consult the help and advice provided by your browser if you are unsure that you can adjust your privacy settings. Consult aboutcookies.org for more information about cookies, including disabling them. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
15. General information
16. Changes to this policy of privacy protection